Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken, perfectly baked chicken breasts topped with mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and flavorful oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
This time of year I find myself in a mix of emotions. You see, I love having an outdoor life and cooking on the grill, but I also love the cozy indoor feeling of an oven warmed and food scented kitchen.
This Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken has been my gateway between the seasons. It's a tomato filled, mozzarella and basil, balsamic flavored chicken that is baked in the oven. Your plate looks like summer and your kitchen is warm and fragrant.
I also love making sheet pan dinners this time of year, because they are very much hands off and perfect for back-to-school and work weeknights.
This sheet pan bruschetta chicken pairs well with so many sides, from salads to potatoes, rice or pastas.
I hope you enjoy it!
How long does it take to bake a chicken breast
That will depend on the temperature of the oven. If you bake at 350°F you will probably need to bake for 30 minutes. At 400°F it will take about 20 minutes to bake.
Make sure you bake the chicken until no longer pink and use a meat thermometer to confirm that the chicken is heated through to 165°F.
How do you bake chicken without drying it out
Rubbing the chicken with a little olive oil before baking helps add moisture to the chicken and also helps the seasonings stick to the breast.
How do you make chicken breast taste good
I use a very simple seasoning of salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano.
What is bruschetta
Bruschetta is an Italian recipe for tomatoes, basil and garlic on golden toasted French bread. But you can make 'bruschetta' flavored pasta and other dishes like this sheet pan bruschetta chicken.
If you make this Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
- Sheet Pan
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese (fresh or sliced)
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon each, oreano and onion powder
- fresh basil
- radish slices (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large sheet pan arrange chicken breasts (washed and towel dried).
- Season each breast with oil (2 tbs), salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano.
- Add to the sheet pan half pint of tomatoes (whole is fine) and garlic cloves.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the breasts. Check internal temperature to make sure chicken is just about fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and add in mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for an additional of 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk the remaining 2 tablespoon of oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the remaining tomatoes in half or quarters. Set aside
- When chicken is done (meat thermometer register 165F degrees in thickest part of the breast) remove from oven. Top each breast with tomatoes and fresh basil. Season each breast with oil and balsamic mix and serve.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the "Save" button.
kirsti Frazier says
Love this! Can’t wait to make it!
Silvia Ribas says
Thanks Kirsti, hope you like it!
Can you tell us what is on the giant rigatoni? It looks great with the chicken! It looks very lightly sauced.
Silvia Ribas says
I believe that is rigatoni no. 24 I got it at my local Italian shop. Next time I am there I'll confirm this info and if any different I will let you know. We love giant pastas, and yes I don't overdo on the sauce, it's light with a few shavings of parmesan cheese, is all you need 🙂