This Sheet Pan Mediterranean Cod is a quick and easy 20-minute hands-free dinner, loaded with veggies and perfect for the week days.
While modern diet have managed to carve out a center spot for our beloved Salmon, and by all means that’s a well deserved spot, Cod perhaps haven’t received it’s fair share.
Cod is a delicious flaky white fish, low in fat and a great source of protein. Cod is also extremely easy to cook and therefore a great choice for a weeknight meal, or if you don’t have a lot of cooking experience this is a great place to start.
There is so much you can do with cod, so for me the seasons are usually the determining factor of how I make my cod and the ingredients I will use alongside. For instance I love the taste of grilled cod in the summer, to me you can never go wrong with the grilled method.
However, making sheet pan cod is perhaps the easiest, hand-free method that will set you up for a healthy and fulfilling meal.
Here are a few HEALTHY and EASY Sheet Pan Dinners for you to try!
For this very reason I love sheet pan dinners. This cod recipe in particular, is often served at my house and as mentioned above, depending on the season I will add seasonal vegetables to the tray for a complete, healthy and fulfilling meal.
This sheet pan cod recipe is ready in 20 minutes, the tomatoes are blistering and the asparagus are roasted to perfection. The olives give this mediterranean cod an extra boost of flavor. Notice I do chop up some of the olives into tiny pieces and spread around the tray as they add so much flavor and texture to this dish.
Sheet Pan Mediterranean Cod
- 1 lb wild cod, cut into four pieces
- 2 tbsp olive olive, Mediterranean
- 2 whole roma tomatoes, halved long way
- 1 whole white onion, quartered
- 1 half leek, sliced, halved
- 8 spears asparagus
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, whole, halved + chopped
- 1 pinch himalayan salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large sheet pan lined with parchment pepper, arrange the cod and remaining ingredients. Chop some of the olives into tiny pieces and spread over the fish and veggies for extra flavor.
- Generously season the cod and veggies with oil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.