Easy and flavorful Chicken Thighs recipe, made in a sheet pan with carrots, Brussel sprouts and onion. This delicious and satisfying meal is perfect for anytime and makes for excellent leftovers!
This sheet pan chicken thighs gets me excited every time. For once, I love dark meat on the bone, the skin comes out so crispy and flavorful, plus the veggies. This recipe is a belly-happy people-pleaser without a huge effort!
Just make sure you make enough for left overs!!
While I have always enjoyed the bony parts of the chicken (I grew up eating chicken feet and neck!), the chicken thighs in particular never seemed to make it’s way in to my kitchen. Until recent years, when not only I started to enjoy all types of recipes that called for chicken thighs including this Braised Chicken Thighs recipe but so did my kids, and that’s when everything changed.
For a fairly inexpensive cut, there is quite a bit of meat on chicken thighs, good flavor and ample possibilities. You can grill, sauté, braise, roast, add to soups, etc.
Today I am sharing my favorite way of cooking chicken thighs, roasted in a sheet pan with vegetables. Easy breezy and mega delicious!
How to make delicious chicken thighs
The secret is to marinate the chicken prior to cooking so the chicken is flavorful in a deeper level, and not just superficially. Add plenty seasoning and feel free to mix with a few flavors you like. These are my some great seasonings for chicken;
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
Let’s not forget that a good olive oil will also add amazing flavor to the chicken!
How to marinate chicken thighs
Simply add your pre-washed and pat-dried chicken to a zipper bag. Add all your seasoning and shake the bag until the chicken is fully and evenly coated.
Refrigerate the marinated chicken for minimum of 30 minutes prior to cooking, and up to 2 days.
TIP: when you are ready to bake the chicken, melt 2 tbsp of unsalted butter and pour over the chicken before transferring to the oven. This will add flavor to the chicken and help crisp up the skin. (Don’t follow this step if dairy-free and doing whole30)
Other sheet pan recipes that are perfect for your work week
For a complete meal check out these side recipes
If you make this Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Thanks a bunch!
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs with Vegetables
- Sheet Pan
- 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tsp each, onion powder and smoked peprika
- 1/2 tsp italian herbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 large carrots, chunks
- 1/2 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1 small yellow onion, quarted
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (avoid if dairy-free and whole30)
- Add chicken thighs to a zipper back along with all seasoning. Shake the bag until the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate chicken in bag for 1/2 hour or up to two days.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 425F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange chicken thighs in sheet pan the add the veggies (carrots, brussels and onion) around the sides. Melt butter and pour over the chicken to add flavor and help crisp up the skin*
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes or until skin starts to brown and internal temperature of chicken is 165F degrees.
Save this recipe to Pinterest for later!
Just hover over the image and click the “Save” button.