Easy Sheet Pan Scallops baked in a flavorful garlic butter sauce, seasoned with chili pepper and garnished with fresh cilantro. Bring Summer to the table with this outstanding seafood scallop dish!
It’s easy to understand why seafood is so popular during the summer months and although I faithfully eat seafood all-year-round, it’s during the summer when you find the most fresh, delicious seafood and often times at a much lower price.
Restaurant seafood is unquestionably a big hit among seafood lovers, but actually making your favorite restaurant style seafood dishes at home can be much affordable, easy and just as tasty.
One thing I learned from cooking with seafood is that, little effort is required and few ingredients needed. Most times you will simply need a source of fat (oil, butter) along with a flavor enhancing ingredient such as garlic, herbs and spices paired with a source of citric acid like lemon, and you'll have a marvelous finger-licking seafood dish.
This Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Scallops is a delicious summer recipe that requires very little time and effort. Incredibly flavorful and outstanding presentation, this garlic butter scallops is the perfect way to bring summer to the table!
This recipe can be paired with rice, pasta (garlic butter sauce) but my favorite way is to serve it with grilled or sautéed seasonal vegetables, like this Lemon Capers Asparagus and Radishes side dish.
Let’s grab this recipe and enjoy the best flavors of summer together!
Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Scallops
- 1 ½ lb scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoon butter unsalted, melted
- 4 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2 lemon sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a small glass bowl add oil, butter, garlic, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Arrange the scallops in a sheet pan. Pour the garlic butter oil over the scallops, mix with your hands to combine. Add in lemon slices.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. If you want the scallops to have a touch of golden brown, broil for an additional 3 minutes (optional). Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
Blaire Gallini says
Made the Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Scallops for dinner last evening. Also made it with asparagus, radishes and added sautéed radish greens crisped up on top of asparagus with thinly sliced raw radishes. What a great meal...great for company!!!!
Silvia Ribas says
Agreed! It's a great meal for when you have company. I am so glad you liked it and added your own touch to it. Thanks for sharing Blaire 🙂