Sheet pan dinner for two with salmon and veggies, low carb complete meal packed with veggies and ready in 20 minutes!
Sheet pan dinners are seriously one of the best things ever invented! Although this method of cooking probably has been around for as long as there have been people eating BUT I am glad it’s back because I wouldn’t know what to do without sheet pan dinners any more.
I would say 3 or 4 out of 7 meals in my house are made in a sheet pan, just like this one. If you are not yet familiar with sheet pan dinners, THIS is the time to try!! Here are a few reasons why…
Check out this Sheet Pan Roasted Veggies !
Here is why I think you should start making sheet pan dinners:
- It’s easier to clean up. Duh! One thing you never hear anyone say is how much they love washing a sink full of greasy pots. Nope. This saves you a whole lot of clean up to do, and give you more free time to enjoy life.
- Ultra quick. Having all the veggies and meat spread out in a thin sheet helps cook things up much faster.
- Eat lean and clean! As delicious as saucy dishes are, they are also packed with cream, gravy, and heavy sauces while sheet pan dinners are usually oil based with little spices added to enhance the flavors. So if you are focusing on a low carb and overall healthier diet, this is definitely your best choice!
- Great cooking method for meal prep. Sometimes the saucy dishes can get too soggy when refrigerated which isn’t always my favorite choice. Sheet pan dinners maintain a great level of freshness which makes for an awesome meal prep choice.
- The best way to use up all your veggies. I almost always have sheet pan dinners on Fridays to use up all the left over veggies from the week. This way I can start fresh the next day and prevent food waste.
This sheet pan dinner for two with salmon and veggies is just about my favorite because it represents everything that I am currently aiming for in my diet. Luckily Mr. Protein and I are always on the same page when it comes to food, so we are ditching simple carbs (a.k.a pasta, rice) and replacing it with better carbs, such as butternut squashes and sweet potato. And because he is such a ‘greens and protein’ kind of guy, I’ve added not one but two choices of greens as well as something colorful to please my rainbow hungry eyes.
Sheet Pan Dinner For Two Salmon & Veggies
- 1 1/4 lb wild salmon
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 4 slices portobello mushroom thick
- 1/2 cup cherri tomatoes
- 1/4 small butternut squash
- 1/2 lemon juiced and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh rosemary optional
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place the salmon in the center of the baking sheet and all the vegetables around, either mixed or separated (as pictured).
- Season the salmon and vegetables with oil, salt and pepper. Place lemon slices on the salmon and asparagus and squeeze the juice from what’s left of the lemon. If you wish to add fresh rosemary on the squash, it adds a great flavor otherwise skip it.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.