Taste the flavors of the Mediterranean with this crowd-pleasing Whipped Feta Dip. Made with rich cheeses, fresh herbs, and topped with crisp vegetables, this platter is guaranteed to be a hit at your next party!
I am not exaggerating when I say that this creamy Whipped Feta Dip is absolutely life changing. The salty notes of fresh feta cheese blended with luscious cream cheese, thick yogurt, rich olive oil, and fresh dill create a fun Mediterranean dip. Topped with fresh summer vegetables, this will be the star of the show at your next party or get-together!
The bright, fresh flavors of Greece and the Mediterranean shine brightly in this whipped feta spread. Think of it like cheesy hummus - both are thick and flavorful, and pair well with Greek dishes, veggies, and spicy pita chips. All you need is a food processor or blender to whip up this 5-minute dip!
Just like Traditional Hummus or tzatziki, feta dip can be used as more than just a dipping sauce. It’s extremely versatile, giving sandwiches, grilled meats, and pasta a luscious and creamy finish. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
What is whipped feta?
Whipped feta is a salty, creamy, and cheesy Mediterranean party dish that’s usually served as a spread or dip. It’s made by blending feta cheese with cream cheese, yogurt, oil, herbs, and seasonings before a garnish is added on top. I paired the dip with Mediterranean-inspired ingredients and toppings, like olives, dill, and tomatoes, to play on the flavor profile.
How to make creamy whipped feta dip
Add the feta, cream cheese, yogurt, olive oil, pepper, and fresh dill to a food processor. Blend until it’s smooth and creamy.
In a separate bowl, toss the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, radishes, and olives in a little bit of olive oil. Set aside.
Spread the creamy feta dip onto a large, shallow platter. Gently spoon your seasoned salad veggies on top of the dip. For a beautiful presentation, add fresh cilantro as a garnish and serve with a side of pita or naan bread.
Tips and substitutions
- Make your whipped feta without cream cheese by using cottage cheese, mascarpone cheese, cashew or almond cream cheese, or sour cream instead.
- For some sweetness, add a drizzle of honey on the dip and vegetables.
- For deeper flavors, roast the tomatoes ahead of time and place toasted sesame seeds on top.
- For extra brightness, blend in fresh thyme and lemon juice with the cheeses.
- If your whipped feta is too thin, thicken it with extra feta cheese or cream cheese until you reach the desired texture.
- If you don’t have a food processor, make the whipped feta in a blender or with a hand mixer instead.
What to serve with whipped feta
All of your party guests will be swooning over this rich and luscious dip. It’s the perfect companion with more dips, like tzatziki or hummus salad! Serve all three alongside a platter of crisp vegetables, pita chips, crackers, and naan for dipping at barbecue parties, potlucks, or summer picnics.
This dip is also a rich and creamy addition to any citrusy Mediterranean meal. Serve it as an appetizer before lamb chops, shrimp, or parmesan crusted salmon with chickpea salad and stuffed eggplant on the side.
Instead of regular crumbled feta, use this dip instead! Drizzle some on top of pizza, pasta, potato salad, watermelon salad, and shakshuka for breakfast. Try it on baked chicken, stuffed in a Thanksgiving turkey, or as a creamy filling in a grilled panini.
How long does whipped feta last?
While this creamy cheese dip is best enjoyed fresh, you can make it ahead of time, store, or freeze the leftovers to enjoy later on. This is how it’s done:
- To store, keep the feta dip and vegetables in separate airtight containers. Both the dip and veggies should stay fresh for up to 4 days. When it’s time to eat, give the feta a quick stir, then enjoy!
- To freeze, place the dip (without the vegetables) in a freezer-safe bag or sealed container for up to 3 months. Leave it to thaw overnight in the fridge. It should need a good stir before serving, and feel free to blend in some more cheese or herbs to freshen up the flavors and texture.
Looking for more fresh summer snacks?
- No-Bake Low Carb Zucchini Roll Ups
- Tropical Summer Fruit Salad
- Honey Cantaloupe Jam
- Original Creamy Chickpea Hummus
Whipped Feta Dip
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 oz feta cheese (block)
- ⅓ cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- handful fresh dill
- freshly grounded pepper
- 1 cup cherry or vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced diagonal
- ½ each, yellow, orange and red bell pepper, sliced
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- Add feta, cream cheese, yogurt, olive oil, pinch of ground pepper and fresh dill to a food processor and run until creamy and smooth.
- Spread whipped feta dip onto a serving platter. Top with olive oil and a pinch of paprika.
- Add the salad ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine. Season with olive oil.
- Spread salad on top of whipped feta dip and garnish with cilantro. Serve with a side of pita bread or naan.
Leave a Reply